Tuesday, 19 July 2016

Chosen

I always had nightmares. Vivid, horrifying dreams about monsters.About things that couldn't possibly be.  And a voice whispering about the One in every generation. They made me afraid of the dark and of sleeping and even people. Like I never knew what kind of a beast was hiding behind the faces of angels.
I never learned to fight. Even less to fight back.

He was hitting me again. It was my fault, I burned the dinner. Can't cook, can't keep a house. I deserved every punch, for being such a nuisance. Useless,  that's what I am.
He was just trying to make me better. More useful, I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt me, just to teach me a lesson.
I'm weak, nothing really.

And then.

And then. Something. This force flushed over me like a tidal wave. A woman's voice called me in a strange language.
And I saw him for what he really was. A bully and a coward who only feels like a man when someone else is crying, hurting.
And I stood up. He had no power over me anymore.
I walked out the door and never went back. I didn't even take my keys. Just wallet and phone. For the first time in a long... ...ever I held my head high, and really looked at the world. And it was beautiful.
I had to find this woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment